Local baseball returns to Kenosha
Northwoods League Baseball is coming to a restored, historic Simmons Field in June, 2014. The Northwoods League has become the nation’s premier summer collegiate baseball league by combining the best amateur baseball players in the country along with a creative focus on affordable family entertainment. In partnership with the City of Kenosha, the team will help restore the 83 year-old Simmons Field by making the following improvements:
- Major League style folding stadium seats from Camden Yards in Baltimore.
- An expanded concrete seating structure offering more seats with better sight lines.
- Hospitality areas for group entertainment.
- An updated and expanded concession area and courtyard.
- New dugouts and field perimeter brick wall.
- A new, indoor souvenir store that will be open year round.