Enjoy these Kenosha area events and more this weekend:
Through Jan. 26, shop at the Warehouse Sale at Lemon Street Gallery & Artspace
- 4601 Sheridan Road. This is a great time to buy locally made artwork, while artists are clearing out their studios for the new year. Winter hours for the gallery are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sundays. For more information, call 262-605-4745.
- On Friday (Jan. 3), enjoy
First Fridays at the I-94 Visitor Information Center
- At I-94 and Highway 165. Between noon and 3 p.m., stop by the Kenosha Area Convention & Visitors Bureau’s free, fun, informative and tasty Open House. Visitors can meet the people behind some of our local attractions and businesses — and pick up a copy of the new 2020 Kenosha Area Visitors Guide. For more information, call 262-857-7164.
- Saturday and Sunday, enjoy
Self-guided tours of Durkee Mansion
- 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Kemper Center, 6501 Third Ave. The 1860s mansion is decorated for the holidays. Admission is free. Note: The mansion is also open the same hours Jan. 11-12. For more information, call 262-925-8040.
On Wednesday (Jan. 8), Wilmot Mountain offers “Ski and Dine with Elvis,” starting at 4 p.m. at the ski resort, 11931 Fox River Road. This is an Elvis birthday celebration. The “king” will be skiing around Wilmot Mountain and stopping in at Walt’s Tavern for some peanut butter and banana snacks. Make the day even more memorable by wearing your best Elvis impersonator outfit to join Elvis on the slopes. For more information, call 262-862-2301.
For more information about events happening in the Kenosha area, call the Kenosha Area Convention & Visitors Bureau 24-Hour Event line at 262-654-7307, ext. 3, or log on to VisitKenosha.com.
PHOTOS: Lincoln Park Live: Betsy Ade & the Well-Known Strangers
Betsy Ade & the Well-Known Strangers — a band made up of Ade on vocals, Cameron Fair on cello and piano, Brittany Lumley playing multiple instruments and backing vocals, Roger Gower Jr. on drums, John Kulas on the bass and Joe Adamek on lead guitar — played a two-hour set at the latest installment of Lincoln Park Live in Lincoln Park, 6900 18th Ave., on Tuesday, July 17.
Here are a roundup of photos of the band performing at the event.
Betsy Ade and the Well-Known Strangers, seen here performing in Lincoln Park during the summer, are playing in Pennoyer Park Saturday as part …
Meridith Jumisko is the public relations director for the Kenosha Area Convention & Visitors Bureau.