More than 150 of Kenosha’s youngest performers will take the stage next week in a beloved Disney musical.
Here is a look at Kenosha Unified’s summer theater production:
- What: Kenosha Youth Performing Arts Company’s production of “The Lion King Jr.”
- When: July 25-28
- Where: Bradford High School Auditorium, 3700 Washington Road
- Tickets: $10 adults, $8 senior citizens, $5 students and staff
- Synopsis: Transporting audiences to the African savanna, the musical tells the story of Simba, Rafiki and a cast of characters as they journey from Pride Rock to the jungle — and back again — in this coming-of-age tale. “The Lion King” was a blockbuster 1994 animated film for Disney and a long-running Broadway musical. A new version of the movie opens in theaters today.
- This show: KYPAC is a Kenosha recreation department summer theater program for students in kindergarten through eighth grade. The shows are designed to offer roles for a wide age range.
- More information: www.kusd.edu/fine-arts-tickets