Inspiration, personal and career development strategies and some comedy will highlight the Kenosha Area Business Alliance's one-day 2019 Inspire leadership development seminar.
The annual seminar will be 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 17 at Journey Church, 10700 75th St. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. The cost is $175 person; student and group rates are available.
The event will feature national and regional business leaders sharing their experiences and offering tips on career and leadership endeavors.
- Charles Duhigg, the best-selling author of "The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business" and his latest book, "Smarter, Faster, Better: The Secrets of Being Productive in Life and Business." Duhigg is a Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist with the Wall Street Journal.
- Sam Walker, the Wall Street Journal's leadership columnist and author of "The Captain Class," will share his insight on team building and corporate coaching for companies, military units and professional and collegiate sports teams.
- Jess Ekstrom, founder and chief executive officer of Headbands for Hope, a company she founded to support children suffering from cancer. She also is founder of Mic Drop Workshop, an online course to empower women to share their message as a speaker.
- Sharmain Harris, an emerging leader and advocate for workforce re-entry initiatives to help men coming out of prison.
- Aleta Norris, a leadership coach who co-founded the Living as a Leader division of Impact Consulting Group, which focuses on the effectiveness of leaders at all levels of an organization.
People are also reading…
The event also includes The Second City Works, an improvisation comedy group that will address critical business skills.
Sponsors of the event include Carthage College, Haribo, Uline, Catalyst Exhibists, Kenall Manufacturing, Riley Construction and Lee Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric.
Other sponsors include Gateway Technical College, Aurora Health Care, Ocean Spray, Trustone Financial, PNC Bank, CCB Technology and Wipfli CPAs and Consultants.
For more information to go www.kaba.org/about/inspire, or call 262-605-1100.