The following federal patents were awarded to local inventors/companies:
- Modine Manufacturing, Racine, has been assigned a patent (No. 10,209,014, initially filed Feb. 11, 2015) developed by two co-inventors for a brazed heat exchanger. The co-inventors are Daniel Kuhbauch, Muhlacker, Germany, and Jurgen Zeitlinger, Reutlingen, Germany.
- S.C. Johnson and Son, Racine, has been assigned a patent (No. 10,207,018, initially filed May 27, 2015) developed by Thomas P. Gasper, Germantown, for "low wattage USB powered wax warmers."
- Cree, Durham, N.C., has been assigned a patent (No. 10,207,440, initially filed Oct. 7, 2014) developed by four co-inventors for an "apparatus and method for formation of multi-region articles." The co-inventors are Craig Raleigh, Burlington, Michael G. Balles, Waukesha, Craig S. Hubertz, Delavan, and Kurt Wilcox, Libertyville, Ill.
- Rite-Hite Holding, Milwaukee, has been assigned a patent (No. 10,208,981, initially filed March 30, 2017) developed by four co-inventors for "externally tensioned pliable air ducts." The co-inventors are Cary Pinkalla, Fox Point, Jeff Logic, Racine, Kevin J. Gebke, Dubuque, Iowa, and Nicholas L. Kaufmann, Sherrill, Iowa.
- Quest Products, Pleasant Prairie, has been assigned a patent (No. 10,219,951, initially filed Feb. 26, 2016) developed by Richard Carl Olson, Mundelein, Ill., for an ear cleaning device.
- S.C. Johnson and Son, Racine, has been assigned a patent (No. 10,225,885, initially filed May 15, 2017) developed by three co-inventors for an "electrical barrier for wax warmer." The co-inventors are David C. Belongia, Burlington; Dennis J. Beaumont, Libertyville, Ill.; and Michael J. Goodrich, Oak Park, Ill.