Man charged with two assaults on women with an hour
A 24-year-old man is alleged to have sexually attacked two women in separate attacks in public places within an hour Sunday morning.
Quincey Butler, of North Chicago, is being held on $100,000 after his initial court appearance Monday.
He is charged with second-degree sexual assault, attempted second-degree sexual assault, two counts of battery, two counts of disorderly conduct and false imprisonment.
According to the criminal complaint, a 42-year-old woman told Kenosha Police she was leaving Kohl’s, 7200 Green Bay Road, at about 9:40 a.m. when a man she did not know followed her to her vehicle and began to talk to her, making her uncomfortable.
As she got in her car and tried to close her door, she told police, the man forced open her door, pulled her forcefully from the truck and pulled down his pants and began rubbing against her foot.
She told police she was screaming “stop” and “help” and that she heard some women yelling at the man to stop.
She said he got up “pulled up his pants and casually walked away.”
About an hour later, police were called to a BP Gas Station, 12120 75th St., for a report that a man had attacked a woman in a bathroom.
The 54-year-old woman said she had stopped at the gas station so her grandson could use the bathroom. The woman said she was standing outside the men’s bathroom while her grandson was inside.
She said while she was waiting, a man later identified as Butler came toward the bathroom. She asked him to wait to go in because her grandson was in the bathroom, and she then went into the bathroom with her other grandchild to check on the grandson.
According to the criminal complaint, the woman said the man followed her into the bathroom, grabbed her and forced her to the ground, causing her head to strike the concrete floor.
She said the man pinned her to the ground while her grandchildren, ages 10 and 8, locked themselves in a stall.
“She began screaming, and within a minute another female customer rushed into the bathroom and pulled the subject off of her,” the complaint states.
The man was seen leaving in a maroon car.
Police arrested Butler outside Johnson Bank, 7401 144th Ave.
According to the complaint, Butler had pulled into the parking lot and struck the curb, damaging the vehicle.
According to the criminal complaint, Butler first said the incidents were a misunderstanding, but then admitted “he had a foot fetish and knew what he did was wrong.”
The complaint states “he repeatedly apologized throughout the interview.”
The complaint states he was specifically looking for women who were alone.
Defense attorney Carl Johnson said Butler has no criminal history or history of arrests, has an associate’s degree and is employed with a supportive family.
“This is certainly out of the blue,” Johnson said of the allegations.
Court Commissioner Larry Keating set bond at $100,000, twice the amount requested by the state.
“These allegations are shocking, disturbing and alarming,” Keating said.
Butler is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing July 17.
Former Salem Lakes man facing child porn charges
A tip from Snapchat about a person soliciting a 12-year-old girl for “indecent” images led to felony charges against a former Salem Lakes man.
Devery T. Moses Jr., 27, currently of Fort Myers, Fla., was charged Monday with six counts of possession of child pornography and four counts of sexual exploitation of a child.
He is not in custody, and a warrant has been issued for his arrest, according to court records.
The criminal complaint filed against Moses states that the Wisconsin Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation received a tip that a person with the Snapchat username jadavidson1313 had been requesting that a 12-year-old girl send indecent images of herself.
The girl did, but then blocked jadavidson1313, who then created another Snapchat username, using it to threaten the girl that if she did not send more images he or she would tell her family what she was doing.
The username jadavidson1313 was traced back to an address and phone number affiliated with Moses.
The state special agent investigating the case used information from a series of social media providers, tracing seven additional email addresses to Moses, who in February was living in Salem Lakes.
Also linked to the name and address was a Dropbox account that contained images and videos of children in various stages of undress or engaged in sexual acts.
The agent was able to identify one of the children in the images as a 15-year-old girl who lives in Missouri.
The agent spoke to that girl, who said she had been contacted through Snapchat by a person who identified himself as a 16-year-old boy who began threatening to distribute nude images of her if she did not send him additional explicit videos. The person most recently contacted the girl in May.
The criminal complaint does not indicate whether the agent interviewed Moses. It also does not indicate when Moses moved from Salem Lakes to Florida.
A $150,000 warrant was issued for Moses’ arrest Monday.
Police chief recommends suspending cabaret license for bar where man was shot
Kenosha’s police chief is recommending that the cabaret license be suspended for a bar where a man was shot last month.
The city’s License and Permits Committee will hold a hearing today on the complaint from Police Chief Daniel Miskinis seeking administrative suspension of MVP Sports Bar’s cabaret license.
The license allows the bar to host live bands and DJs. The owner of the bar can contest the suspension.
According to the request to the committee from Miskinis, police have been called to the bar, 3214 60th St., 45 times between Nov. 9, 2018, and July 1, with police seeing “a pattern of disorderly behavior at the bar and in adjacent streets, sidewalks and the parking lot.”
On June 30, police were outside at 1:26 a.m. for a call about a disorderly crowd when a man was shot during a dispute inside the bar.
That man was critically injured, and the crowd inside was panicked by the gunfire.
According to Miskinis’ request, police called for aid from neighboring jurisdictions, and 36 police officers responded to the scene where “patrons of the tavern were defiant and nonresponsive to the commands of law enforcement on the scene.”
The document states that MVP owner Trice Rand and the bar’s operational manager were in the past cited for operating without a licensed person on the premises.
The committee hearing will begin at 3:30 p.m. today in Room 204 of the Municipal Building, 625 52nd St.