2019 Swine Show Results
Grand champion market hog — Jordyn Schultz
Reserve champion market hog — Lizzy Petges
Grand champion female — Marcus Gillmore
Reserve champion female — Landin Hipper
Champion duroc — Ethan Krucek
Champion Chester white — Aaron Denko
Champion spot — Jalyn Warren
Champion Hampshire — Jalyn Warren
Champion Yorkshire — Caden Warren
Champion all other breeds — Brooklyn Schultz
Champion crossbred — Jordyn Schultz
Grand champion showman — Tucker Mastrich
Senior Showman — Tucker Mastrich
Intermediate showman — Chole Lois
Junior showman — Brooke Mason
Beginner Showman — Hailey Bies
County Fair Beef Show
Grand champion steer — Joe Ellerbrock
Reserve grand champion steer — Jacob Lois
Supreme champion heifer — Travis Harpster
Showmanship champion — Kyle Lois
Senior showmanship champion — Zach Bacle
Intermediate showmanship champion — Caden Warren
Junior showmanship champion — Brooklyn Schultz
Angus — Kyle Lois
Hereford — Andrea Edquist
Shorthorn — Travis Harpster
Simmental — Rebecca Springer
Maine-Anjou — Rebecca Springer
English crossbred — Joey Rossi
Exotic crossbred — Zach Bacle
Any other breed — Jake Lois
Pedal Tractor Pull
1st Place – Kelsie Glaves
2nd Place – Sierra McAllister
3rd Place – Benny Sainski
4th Place – Lander Sorce
1st Place – Jack Graves
2nd Place – Johnathan Sainski
3rd Place – Eli Daniels
4th Place – Tyler Andrews
1st Place – Logan Kirchner
2nd Place – Liam Meyers
3rd Place – Landon Hall
4th Place – Logan Nutting
1st Place – Thomas Kirchner
2nd Place – Luke Tyrell
3rd Place – Kaylee Hibbeln
4th Place – Kole Daniels
1st Place – Tyson Tessema
2nd Place – Sierra McAlister
3rd Place – Seneca Deaton
4th Place – Mika Onesti
1st Place – Rhett Cardarell
2nd Place – Levi Sheen
3rd Place – Carson Skibba
4th Place – Isaac Onesti
1st Place – Aubrey Young
2nd Place – Justin Kirchner
3rd Place – Carver Deaton
4th Place – Liam Meyers
1st Place – Owen Goergen
2nd Place – Lucas Deaton
3rd Place – Wyatt Hafferkamp
4th Place – Maddie Behning
13 and older
1st Place – Terry Magwitz
2nd Place – Dan Elfering
3rd Place – Chris Kordecki
4th Place – Jonathan Bastrup
Horse-drawn carts and a crowd of employees stand along the lakefront during the April 1892 fire that burned down the Simmons Manufacturing Co. factory.
This is the N.R. Allen’s Sons Tannery in 1870, just a few years after being established. The business grew into one of the largest tanneries in the country. This photograph was likely taken from the top of the Pennoyer Water Cure, a health resort in Kenosha.
Employees at the N.R. Allen’s Sons Tannery roll out strips of sole leather, circa 1910.
An employee treats wagon wheels at the Bain Wagon Co. The Bain Wagon Co. produced wagons and wagon components from 1852 to 1926.
This is a gathering of 25-year employees in 1922. The Bain Wagon Co. produced wagons and wagon components from 1852 to 1926.
This is an 85-foot Pirsch snorkel truck built for the Kenosha Fire Department. On May 14, 1964, the city of Kenosha became the first city in Wisconsin to own a snorkel, a fire engine with an elevated platform on an extendable arm.
Workers man the automatic weaving machines at the Simmons Manufacturing factory in the early 20th century.
This photo of the Redeker & English delivery van was taken between 1880 and 1914. Redeker & English was a hardware firm that was located in an adjoining building to the First National Bank.
This is the interior of a storage room at the Bain Wagon Co. factory. The company was founded by Edward Bain in 1852 and closed its doors in Kenosha in 1926. The last wagon made at the Kenosha factory was sold to a Kenosha resident.
This ship is docked in front of the N.R. Allen’s Sons Tannery, looking north across the Pike Creek, circa 1900.
School children enjoy a hay rack ride. The photograph was taken between 1880 and 1914.
A man waters plants in the greenhouse at the Zalmon G. Simmons residence.
The Pennoyer Sanitarium stood where St. Catherine Commons is now located. It was built in 1880 and razed around 1930.
This YMCA building stood at the corner of Main and South (Sixth Avenue and 59th Street), where Friendship Park is today. In 1913, the building was sold to Fred Larson to convert into retail space and was then known as the Regnar Building.
Two Pirsch open cab aerial ladder trucks extend their ladders, circa 1930. Nicholas Pirsch began producing fire engines and ladders in 1857. By 1970, the Pirsch Co. became the largest manufacturer that focused exclusively on the production of fire equipment. The company stopped operations in 1986 and claimed bankruptcy in 1987.
This view from Lake Michigan shows the Simmons Manufacturing Co. factory still smoking after the fire in April 1892.
A spotlight shines on a 1956 Hudson on center stage at an American Motors Corp. exhibition introducing the new AMC automobile and Kelvinator appliance lines.
This a view from the Allen Tannery chimney looking east. The Allen Tannery was located where the Kenosha Municipal Building now stands.
Workers pave Park Avenue, now Seventh Avenue, sometime between the years 1896 and 1906.
Frank Lyman and party catch frogs. Lyman was the son of Frederick Lyman, who came to Kenosha in 1843 and was a wholesaler and retailer of boots and shoes.
This view shows the Kipp Montegomery Co., a lumber dealer, and the Simmons Manufacturing Co.
Nash Motors Building 45, Service and Export, is shown being constructed in May 1952. The view is looking east on 52nd Street across the Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee Electric Railroad tracks.
Hides stacked and hanging in a dry-loft of the N. R. Allen Sons Tannery. Between 1,200 and 1,500 hides were dried and sorted daily. The photograph was taken circa 1920.
The Chicago Northwestern Depot stood at the same spot the current station exists. The station was built in 1899 and was raze to make way for the current station, that was built in 1948.
Employees operate sole leather rolling machines at the N.R. Allen’s Sons Tannery, circa 1910.
Tests are done with a 1915 Jeffery Quad loaded with bricks in a muddy field. Thousands of the trucks were ordered by the French and British governments for World War I.
In this photo titled “Castaways,” a group sits on a rock along the Kenosha lakeshore. The photo was taken between 1880 and 1914.
Golfers enjoy a round on a course that existed in the late 1800s on what is now the Allendale neighborhood.
This view looks north across Pike Creek at a partially wrecked N. R. Allen’s Sons Company factory building in 1937. After the tannery had gone out of business in the 1920s, the buildings were used for other purposes, including the office and storerooms of the Works and Progress Administration. The Schlitz Hotel can be seen in the background.
Workers pose for a photograph in the tire department at the Thomas B. Jeffery automobile plant in the 1910s.