The BET Awards celebrated its 20th anniversary amid an increased focus on the Black community and culture, with several performers showing their solidarity with the protests against racism and police brutality.
As featured on
Sunday's show included a special honor for Beyonce, an appearance by Michelle Obama, tributes to Little Richard and Kobe Bryant, and several performances by Black artists calling for racial justice.
- KABA, city announce recipients of COVID-19 small business recovery fund
- State officials sound alarm over increase in COVID-19 cases driven by young people
- California man dies of virus a day after posting regrets for attending party
- Aurora Medical Center in Kenosha named among nation’s top 100 hospitals
- Ex-GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain hospitalized with coronavirus
- More young people testing positive for COVID-19, county says
- Hugh Downs, genial presence on TV news and game shows, dies at 99