An earthquake measuring 6.9 in magnitude struck northern California, killing 63 people and causing $6 billion worth of damage, and more events that happened on this day in history.
- Motorists break into vehicle to aid non-responsive driver
- Sheriff's department settles open records suit
- Former Wisconsin National Guard leader, retired Maj. Gen. James Blaney, dies at 82
- Outagamie County executive Tom Nelson files statement of candidacy for U.S. Senate
- WATCH NOW: Fox River nears flood stage, Lily Lake swells
- March to the Polls Rally Saturday in Kenosha
- Debate set up an 11-day battle to decide the election. Here's what happens next