Air quality across the Midwest will be impacted by the ongoing western wildfires, while the East Coast clears out from a recent cold front. We are also monitoring potential tropical development off the Georgia coast early this weekend. CNN Meteorologist Derek Van Dam has the latest forecast.
As featured on
Rising virus cases straining hospitals, exhausting doctors; western wildfires impacting air quality in East; 2 key transgender rulings. Plus, today's forecast, birthdays and more.
- Bipartisan bill leaves out key climate, clean energy steps
- Today in History
- Record wildfire burns amid drought on Hawaii's Big Island
- Watch now: New law will effectively end immigrant detention in Illinois
- Asian markets lower on virus worries after Wall Street slips
- Clean, repeat: At Tokyo Games, virus is Olympians' chief foe
- Report details dramatic hot-air balloon crash in New England