The independent board had built up a reputation for policing fraudulent tactics deployed by for-profit schools. But Republicans said eliminating it would decrease the regulatory and fiscal burden on for-profit schools.
- Snyder: Kenosha Museum's travelogue film series ending after more than 80 years
- Kaul, advocates tout bills to streamline collection, testing, tracking of sexual assault kits
- Congress squabbles over appropriations funding as Sept. 30 deadline looms
- Bristol to host inaugural Fall Fest Saturday
- Playing in harmony: UW-Madison’s new music hall improves sights, sounds and stage
- Somers man held in jail pending child pornography charges
- Suspect pleads not guilty in fatal stabbing that happened as onlookers watched and took video