- Submit a Wedding Announcement
- Submit an Engagement Announcement
- Submit an Anniversary Announcement
- Other Anniversaries (under 50 years)
- Birth Announcement
- Front Page Birthday Drawing
- 100th Birthday
- In Service Announcement
Online Commenting Guidelines
We welcome opinions and criticism of our work. However, personal attacks against our staff will not be permitted, and any criticism should relate to the article in question.
You may disagree with the content of an article, with the reporter, or with other readers’ comments, but personal attacks will not be permitted.
- We do not screen comments before they post.
- Keep your comments civil.
- Comments deemed by the moderator to be libelous, defamatory or which violates someone’s privacy will be deleted.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the article will be deleted.
- Use your legal name as your identity.
- Profanity will not be permitted. Don’t camouflage profanity with asterisks or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Avoid hate speech. Racist remarks or defamatory statements about any group will be deleted.
- More leeway is given for criticism of public figures or public officials, but personal attacks involving appearance, race, ethnicity, etc. are prohibited.
- Do not use threatening language.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
- Do not repeat the same comment.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- We reserve the right to delete posts that we consider violations of these guidelines.
- If a post is determined to have violated the guidelines listed above, it may be hidden. A hidden post will be displayed to the user who posted it and to that user's Facebook friends, but no other users will see it.
- We reserve the right to block a commenter in violation of these guidelines or if the commenter is clearly using a fake identity.
- The decision of the moderators is final.
Thank you and enjoy expressing your opinions.