Letters are welcome
- They can be sent to "Voice of the People," Kenosha News, 5800 Seventh Ave., Kenosha, WI, 53140, or emailed to email@example.com.
- We will publish letters from Kenosha County residents and subscribers.
- Letters should be written as concisely as possible and should not exceed 275 words.
- Letters must be signed with name, address and phone number.
- Letters must be approved by the editor or designate.
- We reserve the right to edit all letters for length, libel, clarity and inappropriate content.
- Writers are limited to one letter per calendar month.
- Please include a recent photo of yourself if you would like one published with the letter.
Letters will not be published if they:
- are in poor taste or are needlessly inflammatory
- involve a personal matter between two private parties
- are overly commercial
- are open letters addressed to a third party
- are poetry
- are lost items or thank you letters (unless in reference to a public event or institution)
- rely heavily on Biblical interpretation or quotations
- address specific political candidates or ballot issues within 5 days before an election
As West High School students walked out of school Friday to protest the firing of a black Madison security guard for using the N-word to corre…
District officials vowed Friday better education on the use of the N-word and the harm it causes along with a review of policies that led to t…
Gov. Tony Evers has rescheduled the special election for Wisconsin's northern 7th Congressional District to take place on May 12, with the spe…
Iowa County supervisors this week voted 14-2 to spend up to $50,000 fighting the $500 million Cardinal-Hickory Creek transmission line approve…
Must Read Stories
- By TERRY FLORES firstname.lastname@example.org
The brother of a 19-year-old man shot and killed in an alleged drug deal gone bad outside a Pleasant Prairie restaurant said he and his family are thankful for the work police have done in arresting the suspects in his murder.
- By DENEEN SMITH email@example.com
A 44-year-old Kenosha man was charged Tuesday with the shooting death of Khaled Alchaar outside Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen in Pleasant Prairie in May.
- By JILL TATGE-ROZELL firstname.lastname@example.org
Homecoming week at Central High School has been filled with activity — from the traditional pre-dawn tractor convoy to school to the community pep rally and homecoming parade.
On the Wire
- MITCHELL SCHMIDT email@example.com
Gov. Tony Evers has rescheduled the special election for Wisconsin's northern 7th Congressional District to take place on May 12, with the special primary set to coincide with the Feb. 18 spring primary.
- By Briana Reilly
The general election is now scheduled for May 12, while the primary is Feb. 18.
Two deputies shot, injured while trying to serve an arrest warrant.
- By Steven Elbow
The church founders' attorney says a federal case could make the case for a religious exemption for sacramental weed.
- RILEY VETTERKIND firstname.lastname@example.org
According to a new Pew Research Report, 26.3% of the state's budget came from federal dollars, ranking 45th among states.